Michael P Epstein, Ph.D.
Additional Contact Information
Whitehead Biomedical Research Building
615 Michael St
Atlanta, GA 30322
My research focuses on statistical techniques for human gene mapping of complex traits. This work involves two synergistic components: a methodological component focused on developing novel statistical techniques for improved gene mapping and an applied component focused on using existing methods to map genes involved in diseases such as schizophrenia, epilepsy, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Areas of Specialization
- Statistical methods for gene mapping
- Genetic mapping of Mendelian and complex traits
- PhD, Biostatistics, University of Michigan, 2002
- MS, Biostatistics, University of Michigan, 1998
- BS, Mathematics and Biological Anthropology, Duke University, 1996
- American Society of Human Genetics
- International Genetic Epidemiology Society
- View publications on Scholar Google