Christine Stanislaw, MS, CGC
When I applied to graduate school in genetic counseling I had no idea of the diverse opportunities that would present themselves. I have worked in prenatal, pediatric, adult and cancer genetics clinics as well as in laboratory marketing. I came to Emory University in 2004 because I knew that I specifically wanted to work in the dynamic field of cancer genetics. It has been a great experience to develop that program. I have also become involved in a familial ALS research project which challenged my view of how genetic counseling is best delivered to patients. I have a longstanding interest in genetic counseling education and over 10 years experience as a clinical rotation supervisor during which time I supervised approximately 25 students from four different training programs. I look forward to the new opportunities and challenges of the Emory Genetic Counseling Training Program.
Areas of Specialization
- Cancer Genetics
- Familial ALS
- Alternative service delivery models
- Increasing access to genetic counseling for underserved populations
- Genetic counselor training and education
- BS, Biology/French Language and Culture, Wake Forest University, 1991
- MS, Genetic Counseling, University of South Carolina, 1994
- 1996 American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC)
- 2007 ABGC Recertification
- 1991-Present: National Society of Genetic Counselors
- 1996-Present: American Board of Genetic Couinseling
- 2003-Present: American Society of Clinical Oncology
- 2004-Present: American College of Medical Genetics
- 2011-Present: Association of Genetic Counseling Program Directors
- View publications on Scholar Google
Fanos, JH, Gronka S, Wuu J, Stanislaw C, Andersen PM, Benatar M. Impact of presymptomatic genetic testing for familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Genet Med. 13(4):342-348,April 2011.
Teller P, Hoskins KF, Zwaagstra A, Stanislaw C, Iyengar R, Green VL, Gabram SGA. Validation of the Pedigree Assessment Tool )PAT) in Families with BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010 Jan;17(1):240-6.
Stanislaw CL, Colby RS, Tribble LM, et al. Genetic Counseling Aids, Fourth Edition, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2002.
Stanislaw CL, Rogers RC. Karsch-Neugebauer syndrome. Pro Greenwood Genet Ctr 1999;18:35-39.
Stanislaw CL, Narvaez C, Rogers RC, Woodard CS. Oculodentodigital dysplasia with cerebral white matter abnormalities: and additional case. Pro Greenwood Genet Ctr 1998; 17:20-24.