Yang Wang, Ph.D.
Assistant Director, Molecular Genetic Laboratory
Department of Human Genetics
Additional Contact Information
2460 Mountain Industrial Boulevard
Tucker, GA 30084
Yang Wang obtained her Ph.D from The University of Kansas Department of Molecular Biosciences in 2009. She did five years of postdoctoral research fellowship in molecular pathogenesis of colorectal and duodenal cancers at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She then completed the ABMGG fellowship in Clinical Molecular Genetics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in 2016. Dr. Wang was then recruited by the Emory University School of Medicine as an Assistant Director of the Molecular Genetic Laboratory. Her areas of research interest and expertise include general molecular diagnosis of mendelian disorders as well as molecular diagnosis of colorectal cancers.
Areas of Specialization
- General Molecular Diagnosis
- Molecular Diagnostics for gastrointestinal cancers
- ABMGG Clinical Molecular Genetics Fellowship, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2016
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2014
- PhD, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, The University of Kansas, 2009
- BS, Biological Sciences, Xiamen University, China,2003
Active candidate of American Board of Medical Genetics: Clinical molecular Genetics
- View publications on Google Scholar