The following items must be received by the deadline of December 15, 2013 to be considered eligible for summer 2014 admission.
1) Application Form
2) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3) Photograph (head and shoulders)
4) Narrative Statement - Template
5) Signed Acceptance Guidelines Form
6) $50.00 Application Fee payable to Emory University (International students must send a money order or cashier's check in US currency)
7) Official transcripts (request mailing directly to program address)
8) GRE Scores (General required, Specialty optional):
The test must have been taken within the past five years and must be taken early enough so that official scores are received in the GC Training Program office by the application deadline. Testing information may be obtained from: Educational Testing Service, Graduate Record Examination, Rosendale Road, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6004, 609-921-9000, www.gre.org. When making application to take the GRE, please specify Code No. R-5187, Emory University, Allied Health Programs.
9) Letters of Recommendations (4)
- 2 academic (at least 1 from the sciences)
- 1 employer/work study supervisor
- 1 supervisor/mentor of genetic/supportive counseling volunteer experience
b. Recommendation Form
c. Completed & signed recommendation forms must be mailed or scanned and emailed from the recommender directly to the training program.
Items 1-6 should be mailed together in one packet to:
Genetic Counseling Training Program
Emory University School of Medicine
Department of Human Genetics
Whitehead Building, Suite 301
615 Michael Street
Atlanta, GA 30322