Applications must be completed by December 20th, 2018 to be considered eligible for Fall 2019 admission.
To begin your online application, you must first create an account and provide a valid email address. Once you create your account, you will be sent an email with your Application ID and Password which will allow you to login and continue the application process.
We recommend that you disable any pop-up blockers running on your computer when accessing the web application. Pop-up blockers may prevent you from creating a web account and/or from logging back in once your account has been created. Be sure to carefully read all information in a pop-up box.
As you complete the application, you may notice the application "refreshing" as you enter information. This is normal as the data you enter is being verified based on the tables within our application system. By this design, we are able to process application data with greater speed and accuracy.
For your guidance, application instructions are noted at the top of each page within the application. Please read through them carefully before you begin each section. (NOTE: You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some documents and other associated links. To download Adobe Reader, click here.
Click on the Create Account link below to get started. If you do not receive the email with your Application ID and Password, or have any other questions or concerns about the online process please contact our Program Office at email@example.com or call 404-727-2931.
- Create Account (this only needs to be done once)
- Log In (only available after successful account creation)
Forgot your Username or Password (only available after successful account creation)Application Components
1) Application Form
2) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3) Photograph (head and shoulders)
6) Official transcripts (request mailing directly to program address)
7) GRE Scores (General required, Specialty optional):
The test must have been taken within the past five years and must be taken early enough so that official scores are received in the GC Training Program office by the application deadline. Testing information may be obtained from: Educational Testing Service, Graduate Record Examination, Rosendale Road, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6004, 609-921-9000,www.gre.org. When applying to take the GRE, please specify Code No. R-5187, Emory University, Allied Health Programs.
8) Letters of Recommendations (4)
- 2 academic (at least 1 from the hard sciences)
- 1 employer/work study supervisor
- 1 supervisor/mentor of genetic/supportive counseling or volunteer experience
b. Completed & signed recommendation forms/letters must be uploaded into the online application system from the recommender directly to the training program.
9) Confirmation that applicant has registered for the Genetic Counseling Admissions Match through National Matching Services (NMS) at https://natmatch.com/gcadmissions.