To request an appointment, please call 404-778-1363.
Scheduling the Appointment
- Call the Down Syndrome Clinic at Emory at 404-778-1363 to begin the process of scheduling your appointment.
- Over the phone, we will complete an intake form to register your child in our electronic medical record system.
- After registration has been completed, we will mail you a new patient packet. This packet contains a questionnaire on your child’s medical and developmental history, a record release form, directions to our clinic, and other pertinent information for your visit with us.
- At the same time, please have your child’s pediatrician fax a referral that includes your child’s chromosome testing, the most recent well-child visit, NICU discharge summaries, and available notes from any other specialists your child sees to 404-778-8562.
- Once we receive the referral and the new patient packet back by fax (404-778-8562, Attention: Hailey Campbell) or by mail, a member of our scheduling team will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Please fax all documents to: 404-778-8562
Down Syndrome Clinic at Emory
2165 North Decatur Road
Decatur, GA 30033
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- NICU discharge summary
- Reports/notes from other medical specialists involved in your child’s care
- Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) for children under three years of age
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) for children over three years of age
- Previous developmental and/or psychological evaluation reports
- Most recent therapy reports
During the Visit
- Your child’s weight, height, temperature, and blood pressure will be taken.
- The genetic counselor will review your child’s chromosomal studies, health history, family history, and discuss the genetics of Down syndrome with you.
- Dr. Amy Talboy will review the information provided to the genetic counselor, do a physical exam, perform a developmental and behavioral assessment, discuss medical management, provide recommendations for appropriate developmental interventions, and answer any questions you may have.
- Referrals may be made to other medical specialists to supplement your child’s care.
After the Visit
- You and your child’s pediatrician will receive a copy of your clinic note and any recommendations to monitor your child’s health.
- Management of your child’s condition will occur through the Down Syndrome Clinic at Emory and your current team of primary and specialty physicians.
- We are available to you and your physicians to answer any Down syndrome related questions.
- We will notify you of patient education opportunities and meetings sponsored by the Down Syndrome Clinic at Emory.