The mission of the Down Syndrome Center is to improve the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and their families by combining excellence in research, clinical services, and education.
- Learning more about the chromosome error that leads to Down syndrome.
- Understanding the medical and developmental consequences of an extra chromosome 21.
- Providing excellent clinical services to individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
- Applying knowledge gained through research to improve lives.
- Using our research and clinical experience to educate the rising generation of health professionals about Down syndrome.
- Working with families, parent organizations, and others to improve the understanding of Down syndrome in the community.