Ways to Give
Your philanthropic gift to the Department of Human Genetics will accelerate research breakthroughs and create new standards of care for individuals with a genetic disorder. Your gift will help usher in a new era in human genetics research and patient care by unlocking the promise that tomorrow holds.
How You Can Help
Emory University, Department of Human Genetics, a 501(c)(3) charity, gratefully accepts gifts of any size to support genetic research and clinical initiatives to accelerate improvements in the care of patients with genetic diseases. Below are the different ways you can help:
- Cash and Checks: Tax-deductible cash donations assist in supporting the department's continued advancement in genetic research and patient care as well as education and training in genetics for graduate and medical students. Most gifts to Emory University are in the form of personal checks. You may take a charitable deduction as provided by law. If you would like to make a donation by check, please call the Emory University School of Medicine development office at 404-778-1250.
- Credit Cards: Make a donation using your credit card. Be sure to indicate that your gift is to advance genetic research in the Department of Human Genetics. Click here to make a donation with your credit card.
- Long-Term Appreciated Assets: Gifts of securities and other assets are an increasingly popular way to support the Department of Human Genetics.
- Estate Gifts: You can make a provision in your will directing a percentage or specific amount of your estate to the Department of Human Genetics.
- Honorariums: Honor a friend or relative by making a contribution to the Department of Human Genetics for a birthday, graduation or other special occasion.
- Memorials: Giving charitable gifts in loving memory of someone is a special way to pay tribute and show your love for those who have passed away.
- Matching Gifts: More than 500 companies will match or multiply donations their employees make to local universities.
- Gifts of Real Estate Property: That you have owned for many years can be given to the Department of Human Genetics.
- Life Insurance: If you name Emory University, Department of Human Genetics, as the owner and beneficiary of an insurance policy, you can deduct the policy's cash value as a charitable gift.
For more information on charitable giving and how you can make a difference, please contact the Emory University School of Medicine development office at 404-778-1250.
Senior Director of Development, Discovery Programs and Partnerships