Down Syndrome Clinic
The Down syndrome clinic serves children from newborn to 18 years. The clinic team is devoted to providing quality care to children with Down syndrome. If you are new to our clinic and would like to make an appointment or you would like to speak with a member of our team, please call 404-778-1363. If you are a patient returning to clinic, please call 404-778-8570 to schedule an appointment.
The Down Syndrome Clinic at Emory is directed by Dr. Amy Talboy. Our team includes physicians and staff who have extensive experience in genetics and development with an emphasis on the needs of individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
Our Services/What to Expect
- Each family’s visit is a private appointment.
- Review of your child’s chromosome studies
- Review of external records (including medical records, IFSPs, IEPs, therapy notes)
- Physical and neurological examination
- Developmental and behavioral assessment
- Discussion of the recommended healthcare guidelines for children with Down syndrome, as they pertain to your child
- Recommendations for intervention, and guidance on development of comprehensive intervention plans
- Referrals as required to other sub-specialists and ancillary services
- Behavioral medication management (when indicated)
- Address any questions or concerns you might have
- Regular and/or continuing follow-up care based on individual needs
To schedule an appointment, please call 404-778-1363.
Down Syndrome Clinic Team Members
Amy L. Talboy, MD, FAAP
Assistant Professor, Department of Human Genetics and Pediatrics, Emory University SOM
Hailey Dennis, MMSc
Jean Luan McColl, CCRC
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator