MethLAB software for analysis of DNA methylation microarray data
MethLAB is a GUI package for analysis of DNA methylation microarray data
Version 2.0 may be downloaded below.
For instructions on installing and running MethLAB, please see the tutorial:
New users may wish to initially test MethLAB on the example input datasets:
Please report errors or suggestions to Varun Kilaru at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More experienced R users may also be interested in our non-GUI package CpGassoc, which has similar capabilities and can also perform permutation tests and basic QC.
If you have any issues using MethLAB, please contact us either via email (email: email@example.com) or via Skype(id: methlab_software). To receive emails about future version releases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.
For information on installing binary R packages, see http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-packages. To download R, visit http://cran.r-project.org/. For large datasets (e.g. Illumina 450K data), we recommend running 64-bit R to avoid running into R's memory limits.
Thank you for your interest in MethLAB! To reference MethLAB in a publication, please cite:
Varun Kilaru, Richard T. Barfield, James W. Schroeder, Alicia K. Smith, Karen N. Conneely. MethLAB: A GUI package for the analysis of array-based DNA methylation data (2012). Epigenetics, 7(3):225-9.
- Version 0.1: Initial release.
- Version 0.2: Improved Manhattan plots and subsetting of CpG sites.
- Version 0.3: Added option for global methylation analysis.
- Version 1.0: Improved handling of large datasets, improved Manhattan plots
- Version 1.1: Improved box plot labels, added workarounds for phenotypes with extremely low variance and methylation datasets containing values <0 or >1"
- Version 1.5: Improved Manhattan plot colors, added option to subset by gene, made fixes specific to 450k datasets.
- Version 2.0: Compatible with R-3.x.x, as well as older versions. Also has several performance improvements and bug fixes related to file loading.